November 10, 2022
15 Nov Panel Discussion on Franchising, Inclusive Entrepreneurship
CARBONDALE, Illinois – Faculty, staff and students are invited to a virtual event that will delve into the world of franchising and how this business model embraces inclusive entrepreneurship.
“Franchising and Inclusive Entrepreneurship” is scheduled for November 15 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. via Zoom. The College of Business and Analytics Office of Diversity and Inclusion is sponsoring the free event, which features a group of successful business professionals sharing their franchising stories, what sparked their interest in franchising, and unveiling the lessons they’ve learned as entrepreneurs .
- Rikki Amos, Executive Director of the International Franchise Association (IFA) Foundation Diversity Institute.
- Ericka Garza, President of Au Bon Pain, a restaurant/bakery/cafe chain, and Chair of the IFA Hispanic Latino Franchise Leadership Council.
- Paul Pickett, Chief Development Officer of Wild Birds Unlimited and Co-Chair/Co-Founder of the IFA Pride Council.
- Carolyn Thurston, Chief Executive Officer of Wisdom Senior Care, IFA Board Member and Vice Chair of the Black Franchise Leadership Council.
- Cassidy Ford, director of franchise sales at Entrepreneur Media and advocate for destigmatizing the Tourette syndrome she has.